PDA

View Full Version : Wireless Networks

lindleyrl
03-02-2003, 08:40 PM
Another thought...including the drivers for all mainstream WIRELESS CARDS would be great. Everything from Linksys, DLink, etc would be great. Just an idea to adopt this CD Based phenom in all industry. :)

aay
03-03-2003, 01:16 AM
I understand that Klaus will be going back to the orinoco_cs driver in the next release. I've found it to work better on a lager number of wireless cards.

lindleyrl
03-03-2003, 02:29 AM
hey aay...do u go to any linux meetings in houston? I am looking to gain more insights into this Knoppix and Linux - customizing it etc...let me know of a good source in houston or if you available (online or whatever) thx! :)

aay
03-03-2003, 05:09 AM
hey aay...do u go to any linux meetings in houston? I am looking to gain more insights into this Knoppix and Linux - customizing it etc...let me know of a good source in houston or if you available (online or whatever) thx! :)

Well I've been to a few meetings of HLUG (http://www.hlug.org/). They are a good group. I haven't made any meetings in a while because I just live too far away. If you hear of anything else let me know. I hang out in the IRC channel a lot and here a Knoppix.net. I still consider myself somewhat of a beginner in linux, but I'd be glad to share the resources I've found helpful.