PDA

View Full Version : xine not working in 2.6

dvest
05-06-2004, 12:35 AM
I installed 3.4 to my hard drive and almost everything seems to be working really well. So far I've only found a couple of problems. XINE works fine in 2.4 but in 2.6 it starts up then just closes itself. The other problem has to do with sound. I get the startup and shutdown sounds. I also get sound from my tv card and can play mp3's. What I can't get to work are the event sounds in KDE even though I have went into the control center and turned them on.

Thanks for any help.

P.S. I really like the new boot menu.

dvest
05-06-2004, 06:21 AM
I tried configuring sound with sndconfig and get this message:

You don't seem to be running a kernel with modular sound enabled.
│ (soundcore.o was not found in the module search path). │
│ To use sndconfig, you must be running a kernel with modular │
│ sound, such as the kernel shipped with Debian GNU/Linux or a 2.2 │
│ kernel, and sound must be compiled as modules.

What do I need to do to get ALL sounds working? Everything except KDE system notifications are working. I was mistaken above - startup and shutdown sounds do not play when I boot the 2.6 kernel.

Thanks

dvest
05-06-2004, 09:06 AM
I don't know what happened to the text I pasted in above but it's not all there. Anyway here's more info. When I log in as root all sounds work. Do I need to change permissions somewhere and if so - where?

ZeroKun
05-06-2004, 12:32 PM
Xine works fine for me when i want to play videos, but when i click the gui it crashes. I dont mind now since i finally got mplayer working.

dvest
05-06-2004, 06:15 PM
Yes I have mplayer working too so that's ok. I would just like to get all my sounds working now. Also kmix opens up everytime I boot. How do you stop that?