PDA

View Full Version : The wiki is hosed

mzilikazi
05-06-2004, 08:18 PM
You can go here:
http://www.knoppix.net/docs/index.php/HomePage?version=153
and still get to the wiki but if you click the 'Docs' link at the top of the page you get this:

I

L O V E

Y O U

C A R A

A L W A Y S & F O R E V E R!

This is the idiots i.p. address: 204.185.139.31

Another good reason not to have a wiki. Sure it's a great idea but in theory it always goes like this. Hopefully someone knows how to get it back to where it was.

mzilikazi
05-06-2004, 08:20 PM
Well no sooner did I post this than someone fixed it. Thanks.

eadz
05-07-2004, 02:11 AM
Another good reason not to have a wiki. Sure it's a great idea but in theory it always goes like this. Hopefully someone knows how to get it back to where it was.

In over a year this is the first time it has happened, and only takes a second to fix. Are you saying you've never found anything useful on the wiki and we should remove it?

mzilikazi
05-07-2004, 04:51 AM
In over a year this is the first time it has happened, and only takes a second to fix. Are you saying you've never found anything useful on the wiki and we should remove it?

Not at all, just don't leave it with 777 permissions. :) There is actually quite alot of good documentation on this site that hasn't been collected anywhere. Ideally only certain individuals would be allowed to add documentation. This may be the first time a love note was posted but it isn't the first time the docs have been hacked by someone that had no business doing so.

Perhaps anyone that writes a doc or has an ammendment to an existing doc could post it in a "docs" forum, let it be reviewed and get it moved or linked to the wiki. That would also allow for an efficient way of keeping things updated as Knoppix changes very quickly.