PDA

View Full Version : KDE System Notification sounds

dvest
05-07-2004, 10:44 PM
Why do my KDE System Notification sounds work when I log in as root but not as user? Everything I have checked is set up the same way in both.

dvest
05-08-2004, 07:07 PM
Here is more info if it helps. I found one difference between my user settings and root settings. In the root settings the "Run with the highest priority (realtime priority)" box is checked in the Control Center>Sound system settings. If I try to check this box logged in with my username I get a message saying "Impossible to start aRts with realtime priority because artswrapper is missing or disabled". Artswrapper is not missing. If it's disabled how do I enable it?

drw766
05-09-2004, 05:49 PM
I've been having the same problem. I did find a work-around on the KDE website. On the System Notifacation page of Control Center, select Player Settings. Use /user/bin/artsplay as the external player. Works for me! :D

dvest
05-09-2004, 06:15 PM
Thanks for the reply. This works for me too!

bob58
05-12-2004, 03:27 AM
My system sounds were working fine up until a day or so ago.....everything appears normal, the "test sound" button works but no sounds!! My cd's play OK....there is sound from speakers.....i tried the above fix but still does not work! any other ideas? ? ? ? :cry: