PDA

View Full Version : Segmentation fault with knoppix26 boot on knoppix 3.4

nob
05-08-2004, 09:37 AM
Hello Knoppix User,

I got the above problem, when booting knoppix 3.4 javascript:emoticon(':cry:')
javascript:emoticon(':cry:')
I know the workaround with the "noscsi" bootoption, but i need SCSI-Support on some of my boxes !!

The boot fails on several systems (tried 8 systems)

Anyone got a good idea ?

NOB

MickKi
05-08-2004, 06:29 PM
I guess, but somebody more knowledgeable than I should advise, that there would be a way to specify the scsi block; e.g. /dev/sda, /dev/sdb, etc. instead of /dev/hda.

So, instead of "noscsi" you would feed the kernel with the necessary info about the block device which is your scsi drive. I'm guessing here, but if you check how the bootup console is identifying your drives, you could try feeding it the scsi drive info, in place of the "noscsi" code.

It may just be an issue of trial and error until you get the command line correct.

Good luck!

stoneguy
05-08-2004, 09:38 PM
OTOH, noscsi may be the only answer for awhile. megaraid seems to be still under construction as of 2.6.5-rc1, according to kerneltrap.org

zentu
05-09-2004, 06:41 AM
Have you tried the expert26 paramater, then seen what scsi wrapper you needed, it is a slow method, but you can just load the one you need, without the problems from the other (hopefully, but not necessiarily, I still get issues with my Nforce2 chips and SCSI, and if I do get 2.6.5 off of 3.4, then I don't get sound)