PDA

View Full Version : Someone please help!

bharlie
05-08-2004, 05:00 PM
Hi everyone I have an Acer Travel Mate 250, and have tried running Knoppis 3.4. The system allows me to activate the program, and i type the usual

Knoppix screen=800x600

And then nothing
It seems to load, and then the screen turns blank, and the hard drive stops working. I dont get to the point where you see the desktop or any other visual image of the operating system.

Anyone know what is wrong? and what i can do about it?

Thanks

Stephen
05-08-2004, 09:49 PM
Hi everyone I have an Acer Travel Mate 250, and have tried running Knoppis 3.4. The system allows me to activate the program, and i type the usual

Knoppix screen=800x600

And then nothing
It seems to load, and then the screen turns blank, and the hard drive stops working. I dont get to the point where you see the desktop or any other visual image of the operating system.

Anyone know what is wrong? and what i can do about it?

Thanks

That sounds like a problem with the power management add noapm, noacpi or acpi=off to the line maybe even all them at the same time, noddc may be worth a try also. And that would be knoppix screen=800x600 no need for the Capital "K" in the line.

bharlie
05-08-2004, 10:15 PM
Thank you for your help, but it doesn’t seem to work. Everything goes fine, until I type

knoppix screen=800x600

Then two lines below that load, and then a blank screen. It happens just before you should see the penguin on the top left and it load itself.

Any other ideas, because I have tried the setting that loads knoppix without any hardware. But it then just stops in the unpacking stage if you know what I mean

zentu
05-09-2004, 06:33 AM
Did you test the md5sum before you burned the disk? if not, boot it in a diff. system with the testcd option. You may also want to try to use the failsafe mode to see if that works, and have you tried 'fb800x600' instead of the screen= Frame buffer seems to work better for most laptops. (still try this with the noapm and noacpi modes.