PDA

View Full Version : 3.4 doesn´t boot Presario 2195US

o00o
05-10-2004, 06:08 PM
Hi, I have the new distro, the 3.4, but I have a problem, the cd doesn´t boot, in fact, I have the first screen, with the "boot:"
I try many options but not works, I just have

loading linux24.................
loading minirt24.gz.........

next my screen turn black....and thats all, its like a dead screen, the same with knoppix26, using fb1024x768, and a lot of options...

any idea ?

Thanks in advance

crazynewf7
05-13-2004, 02:39 AM
I have the exact same problem with my presario 2140ca. It did work when I went in failsafe mose but I'd like it to work without doing that.

alof8k
05-14-2004, 03:47 AM
I had the same problem when I tried to use morphix, lindows, mandrake and fedora core distros on my laptop. Only Knoppix boots properly on my laptop. I used to think that it could be due to a bad burn. Maybe I shouldn't have burned the ISO at 24x? But then I tried using those distro's to boot my desktop pc and they all seem to work just fine. My conclusion is, some distro's are just not compatible with certain systems such as the system your trying to boot it on. Try using the same CD to boot a different computer and see if it works. If it succeeds the problem could be your computer. If it fails , then its probably a bad burn so try burning the iso again at a lower speed and also check md5 to make sure you did not corrupt the file while downloading. Oh by the way, sometimes if you are able to get to the knoppix "boot:" screen, but have problems when the linux system is starting up (when hardware is being detected), it could be due to problems with scsi or usb. I had that problem with knoppix 3.4 and my laptop. I had to use the 'noscsi' cheat followed by the cheatcode to restart hotplug. Check the Docs section to get the cheatcodes and just try em really.

I hope this helps. :D

crazynewf7
05-14-2004, 07:58 PM
I finally got it to work using the cheat code "knoppix acpi=off noscsi"

j.drake
05-16-2004, 05:07 AM
Hi, I have the new distro, the 3.4, but I have a problem, the cd doesn´t boot, in fact, I have the first screen, with the "boot:"
I try many options but not works, I just have

loading linux24.................
loading minirt24.gz.........

next my screen turn black....and thats all, its like a dead screen, the same with knoppix26, using fb1024x768, and a lot of options...

any idea ?

Thanks in advance

Try this out. Guy in another thread had same problem on Compaq - fixed it with a BIOS flash

http://www.knoppix.net/forum/viewtopic.php?p=47835#47835