PDA

View Full Version : apache+php+postgresql

Evilgabo
05-11-2004, 09:16 PM
hi, i got knoppix 3.3 and i like start to work with dinamyc web pages but i don't have idea whou start???

first how i know if i got installed in my pc?

second how i link every module???

Third Heeeeelp

please help.
Pd Any idea for a manual ....???
Bye

:twisted:

mcaycedo
05-12-2004, 09:58 PM
You will need 2 big steps:

INSTALLATION

You need to configure your server. If you have the Live CD version, then Knoppix includes Apache + PHP and MySQL. You only have to start them. Launch one console and type:

sudo /etc/init.d/apache start
sudo /etc/init.d/mysql start (knoppix 3.4 doesn't include mysql but older versions yes)

EXECUTION

And you will have a web server fully operational. Then you only well need your php scripts and your mysql dump database and you are ready to work

pd: There exists one Knoppix customization called Live-Zope focused on web server programation. I think this one includes postgresSQL. In this live CD you wll get a fully operational web server with databases included

ftp://ftp.texmacs.org/pub/TeXmacs/knoppix

user unknown
05-13-2004, 04:33 AM
You get postgresql at

www.postgresql.org

postgresql-7.4.2.tar.bz2, about 10 MB.
The INSTALL file explains the next steps.

markleong
05-14-2004, 02:09 AM
I cannot remember how I configure postgresql with php but you should be able to do a google search on this to get it working.

To know if you've got postgresql install, do the following (as root user) to start/restart postgresql.

/etc/init.d/postgresql start or /etc/init.d/postgresql restart

From the error message you should be able to tell if postgresql is installed.

If not install, apt-get install postgresql should install and configure postgresql

You will have to edit pg_hba.conf and postgresql.conf to allow tcp connection and who can connect.

To test if php is running, put a index.php file in /var/www directory and then use a browser to call it. If it is displayed, then php is working.

The best php file to test is the following:-

<?
phpinfo();
?>