View Full Version : apt-get not getting

rusty
05-14-2004, 02:56 PM
Since yestreday, any attempts to d/l or update using apt-get seens to hang at:

57% [Connecting to ftp2.de.debian.org (195.71.9.196)]
Err http://ftp2.de.debian.org stable/main Packages
Could not connect to ftp2.de.debian.org:80 (195.71.9.196), connection timed out

]

I don't see any news on the debian sites about servers being down. Should I uncomment something in my apt.sources list?

TIA

CrashedAgain
05-14-2004, 09:22 PM
Comment out the ftp2.de site in your apt sources. list so it will not attempt to use that site. You should substitute a different mirror for this site to make sure you have at least one source for stable/main packages.
Then run apt-get update to update your sources list.

Stephen
05-14-2004, 09:23 PM
Since yestreday, any attempts to d/l or update using apt-get seens to hang at:

57% [Connecting to ftp2.de.debian.org (195.71.9.196)]
Err http://ftp2.de.debian.org stable/main Packages
Could not connect to ftp2.de.debian.org:80 (195.71.9.196), connection timed out

]

I don't see any news on the debian sites about servers being down. Should I uncomment something in my apt.sources list?

TIA

Edit the file and change the ftp2.de.debian.org lines in the file to ftp.de.debian.org and it should work fine.

Cuddles
05-15-2004, 04:33 PM
Thanks to CrashedAgain and Stephen for getting to the reply before me :(

I went to do a apt-get update to test this out, and yes, every attempt to ftp2.de.debian.org fails, in my situation, connection failed

I was just about to reply here, just to comment it out, and locate a suitable mirror site, when I realized that CrashedAgain beat me to it, and then realized that Stephen not only beat me to the punch, but also found a resolve. Sheesh, working second shift instead of 3rd shift is wearing me out here...

Ms. Cuddles
[OMG a posted reply by me, and it doesn't take up a full screen :!: (Wonders never cease)

zlibre
05-15-2004, 07:17 PM
In the same line, in the apt-get update ftp2.de.debian.org stopp and never connect....

Somebody Help!!

Cuddles
05-15-2004, 08:10 PM
Stephen,

Perfect, the change in /etc/apt/sources.list

all entries that show:

//ftp2.de.debian.org...

changing them to:

//ftp.de.debian.org...

works on my next apt-get anything.... (after, of course editing the file, making the changes, and being sure to save the updated changes)

Just for my referance, Stephen, how did you find the site change? (so, in the future, I may find the answer myself)

Ms.Cuddles