PDA

View Full Version : MBR-Rückholung / How can I delet Lilo from MBR?

Dagmar
03-05-2003, 01:45 PM
Hi, ich hab Knoppix auf die Festplatte gespielt und weil c't meinte ich bräuchte Lilo im MBR (wobei ich weder wusste was das eine noch das andere ist) hab ich es reingespeichert...
Ich habe zuvor meine Windowsoberfläche als Imagedatei gespeichert und wollte sie nun wieder auf die Partition spielen - klappte auch erfolgreich. Aber offensichtlich ist lilo noch da und fragt nach Linux auf hda1, was nichtmehr da ist. Ich kann Windows also nicht mehr starten...
Könnt ihr mir sagen, wie ich den MBR wieder leerbekomme? (Ein backup.mbr habe ich zuvor leider nicht erstellt.)

Knoppix is now installed on my PC. I also intalled Lilo to the MBR. I now want to reinstall my old Windows-konfiguration, which I saved as an Image. But by deleting everything from the partition hda (c) it seems that Lilo was staying there. Now it askes me when I try to boot, if I want to start Linux, while there can only be the old Windows-Version on c:\...
Can you please tell me, how I can clean the partition so that Lilo dies?
(I'm sorry about faults in this text, I'm not very good in writing english)

lindleyrl
03-05-2003, 02:59 PM
To remove LILO and have Windows installed on the other partition, USE a DOS boot disk with FDISK on it.

At the command prompt of DOS, type in - FDISK/MBR <-- this removes MBR program (LILO in this case).

I would suggest using a SHAREWARE called MRBOOTER (Masterbooter.com) <-- it is great in that its intuitive, SMALL, and clean. The shareware allows you to use it indefinitely except only 3 OS. The Registered allows you to use with 6 OS.

cascadefx
03-05-2003, 03:01 PM
To remove LILO and have Windows installed on the other partition, USE a DOS boot disk with FDISK on it.

At the command prompt of DOS, type in - FDISK/MBR <-- this removes MBR program (LILO in this case).

I think that should be FDISK /MBR <-- note the space