PDA

View Full Version : not sure how to set wallpaper

zeeboid
05-17-2004, 12:43 PM
i got a great picture of Kylie Minogue that i would love to see every time i go into Knoppix, but could someone enlighton me on how to make a jpg file the desktop backround in Knoppix?

thanks!

Stephen
05-17-2004, 09:34 PM
Right click on the desktop then choose Configure Desktop from the popup menu select the Background option and choose picture for the background type browse to the location of the picture and select it then apply the changes.

aay
05-17-2004, 10:44 PM
Better yet if you are using KDE 3.2, simply drag and drop the pic on to your desktop and you will be given a choice to use it as wallpaper.

zeeboid
05-19-2004, 02:03 AM
there is no option when i right click.. it gives a bunch of options, but Desktop isn't one of them... most of the options it gives are for catagories of programs to launch.

also, if i drag and drop the image, it doesn't do anything either...

any other ideas?

aay
05-19-2004, 04:36 AM
there is no option when i right click.. it gives a bunch of options, but Desktop isn't one of them... most of the options it gives are for catagories of programs to launch.

also, if i drag and drop the image, it doesn't do anything either...

any other ideas?

The drag and drop feature will only work if you have KDE 3.2 or greater. Are you using KDE at all as your desktop? Just right click on it and you will see some sort of "Desktop" option. Mine (KDE 3.2.2) has "Configure Desktop" as a choice. Then once you select that, then choose "Background" and then work through the rest of the dialogs.

zeeboid
05-19-2004, 01:07 PM
i must not have a KDE than, because those options are not there. it boots... i enter in password, i enter STARTX andit goes into a GUI but it must not be kde... does that come with KNOPPIX?