PDA

View Full Version : Two Monitors with Knoppix 3.4 ?

dragonforce99
05-20-2004, 08:31 PM
I have a system with two graphics cards.

1 Aopen Aeolus GeForce 4200ti ( AGP )
1 Noname GeForce 2 MX 440 ( PCI )

My main card is detected but the 2nd card is not deteced, nor is any option given to extend my desktop to my 2nd Monitor.

I am currently on my laptop so I cannot post any more information. Maybe someone can already give me a hint.

Notice. I am a TOTAL 100% LINUX Newbie ;-)

Okay I am now on my Main PC and did the lcpi -v thingy - but how I do I cut & paste it into the forum? I tried the "normal" CTRL + C in the Root Shell but it does not do anything - same thing with right click on the mouse. Please lemme know how I can paste the info here. Thanks!

[/code]

nicorelli
07-03-2004, 12:18 AM
any luck with your query?

dragonforce99
07-03-2004, 08:24 AM
Nope - either nobody seems to have this problem or nobody seems to have a 2nd Monitor :(

I decided to forget about Linux/Knoppix because without the 2nd Monitor I have no use for Linux/Knoppix on my machine.

dewd
07-08-2004, 11:45 PM
Yes, I'm used to 2 monitors as well, and it sucks to not be able to use them. In my case, my gfx card RADEON 9600se has the capability, but the screens aren't getting repainted very well. I don't know if it's the driver or X, but I used to be able to do it with my other PC with a RADEON 9600xt.
Dunno what the problem is, yet.
I'm willing to try out a new version of X and a different way of installing the driver than using Kano's script.
Until then, I'm mostly on Win2000. ;-)