PDA

View Full Version : Wow! That was EASY!!!

Xorpid
05-20-2004, 11:39 PM
Hi there. First time linux user, I decided to try linux after reading about Fedora Core 2. So I downloaded the ISOs, and tried to install. It didn't work. I tried everything, poured over the documentation etc, but to no avail. It couldn't detect my cdrom, hdds and most of my other stuff. So, being angry at having made coasters, I downloaded Knoppix, and installed to HD. And here I am. It works just great! It detected all my hardware, and I couldn't be happier. The Fedora CDs? They're already in the waste basket. Thanks for making installing linux such a breeze!!!!

aay
05-21-2004, 01:51 AM
Hi there. First time linux user, I decided to try linux after reading about Fedora Core 2. So I downloaded the ISOs, and tried to install. It didn't work. I tried everything, poured over the documentation etc, but to no avail. It couldn't detect my cdrom, hdds and most of my other stuff. So, being angry at having made coasters, I downloaded Knoppix, and installed to HD. And here I am. It works just great! It detected all my hardware, and I couldn't be happier. The Fedora CDs? They're already in the waste basket. Thanks for making installing linux such a breeze!!!!

Yes Knoppix really is grand. If you have any quirks, questions, or issues after your install browse the docs and posts on this forum. Also, feel free to post questions.

obsoleto
05-21-2004, 02:37 AM
Hi,

I also just installed to laptop's hd. What a snap :D Thank you to whoever wrote the installer.

Why am I doing installing this? I'm a old windows programmer, who's spent the last year working on an ASP.NET application. Turns out some of our client's are saying "Your nuts if you think we are going to install IIS on our network!'. So I say to myself, hmmm may I should look into adding PHP to my skill set..hehe. Having played with Knoppix at work I figured I should try and install it and use it as a base for learning PHP with Oracle.

Regards,
Obs