PDA

View Full Version : How are you publicising Knoppix? :)

bloodmire
03-06-2003, 03:58 PM
hi all, just a thread to see how ppl are going about letting the world know of the magic of live linux on cd...

i work as a consultant in various industries and find myself always burning one or two copies of knoppix while i'm on the road. the fun part is that i meet technology people all the time who have NOT had the opportunity to use linux (corporate world) and i just hand them the cd for free. its wonderful to hear them come back and say they are impressed and want to learn more ...

anyone with similar stories? :)

Loper
03-06-2003, 06:32 PM
I am helping to promote Penguicon, where we will be handing out Knoppix discs. This may sound like preaching to the choir, but many of the attendees are from the science fiction fandom community and need a place to start with Linux and open source. When I contact Linux and general computer user groups about Penguicon or give presentations on any subject, I ALWAYS mention Knoppix. When I contact Unix/Linux news sites I do the same.

When I go to computer trade shows in my area, I always take a couple of discs with me -- you never know WHO you will run into. Plans are in the works for our LUG to get a table at the shows and sell discs while we promote our group.

My signature on discussion forums includes links to both Penguicon and this site.