PDA

View Full Version : Will Knoppix work on my PC?

acnxero
05-23-2004, 01:51 AM
I have somewhat of an old PC... An Intell Inside II IBM I think... Running Windows 98 as of now. I'm a huge windows hater, (;)) and wanted to switch up to Linux. This probably is a simple question, and if it doesn't belong here, lock lock away.

-acnxero ;)

firebyrd10
05-23-2004, 04:04 AM
Yea it can work. If windows 98 can work then knoppix should work fine. However KDE might be a little slow so you might want to try fluxbox or some other desktop manager. Press F2 at boot up and then look at the directions for how to do it.

acnxero
05-23-2004, 05:16 AM
Also:

When I get this set up, I'll be installing DSL on it. Will Knoppix affect my DSL?
Will I have to reisnstall it when I get Knoppix set up? Or will it not work at all..?

-acnxero

Minnie000
05-23-2004, 06:07 AM
Also:

When I get this set up, I'll be installing DSL on it. Will Knoppix affect my DSL?
Will I have to reisnstall it when I get Knoppix set up? Or will it not work at all..?

-acnxero

Knoppix is a wonderful distro. I plugged my dsl right in and ran the netcardconfig and it found it in no time. When you install Knoppix or any distro for that matter, you will have to setup your dsl but most distros, including Knoppix, have automated utilties for that now. Should be a breeze! Good luck!

Minnie000