PDA

View Full Version : No display on monitor

AragornWanabe
05-23-2004, 02:04 PM
Hi everyone. This is my first post here. Yesterday I tried booting into my Knoppix-STD cd and I go to the screen with the little linux penguin and it was conifiguring the hardware or whatever, and then it stopped outputting to my monitor. The same thing happened when I tried PHLAK. I haven't booted into these cd's before so this is the first time. I have an LCD on my desktop if that makes a difference. What do I need to do for this to work? Thanks for the help.

Cuddles
05-23-2004, 02:59 PM
AragornWanabe,

Hmmmm, the problem could be your video card, your monitor, or something that is being auto-detected and not starting as expected, during the boot....

What I would do -=- search Knoppix.Net for any video related boot issues. This is a common problem, and many have posted problems during the "penguin" boot screen, and many have gotten it resolved with almost "every" combination of cheatcodes on the "boot:" prompt.

Try typing "boot problem" in the Search Knoppix.net box above, and view the results that look like they apply to your situation. This problem can be your monitor not being able to handle the refresh rate or resolution that your video card is asking it to do, or your video card not being able to do what Knoppix is telling it to do, or Knoppix is trying to start a service, or hardware, that it detected during the "penguin" screen, they appears to not want to start.

I could suggest some cheat codes for you to try, but, I have suggested these codes before for others, and sometimes they work, and on other situations, they haven't. Thats why I think reading past posts of video problems may better resolve your boot problem, someone has probably had the exact same problem you are having, with the same hardware configuration, and they got it resolved in there post.

So, try the search method first, if you can't find a resolve for your situation, post back, and I "promise" to help you out.... Someone else might want to go with this, but, I am sure you can find your answer in a previous post.

Hope this helps,
Ms. Cuddles