PDA

View Full Version : Programs lauching at startup?

obsoleto
05-23-2004, 05:16 PM
3.4 installed on HD, using KDE.

Hi Again,

I have 3 apps that automatically lauch at startup. Seems I left those 3 apps open when shutting down. What can I do to keep them from lauching. They are the volume control, gaim ane Kaffiene.

Obs.

Cuddles
05-23-2004, 05:33 PM
Hmmmmm,

Stupid answer follows, my best shot, without going technical [giggle]

Have you tried closing them, and then rebooting? (my thinking on this: if you left them open, and they restarted on reboot, maybe, closing them before rebooting, may, not start them again [?)

I know, I know, stupid answer, but its a shot...
Hope this helps,
Ms. Cuddles

obsoleto
05-24-2004, 04:41 PM
Hi,

Yes, I have tried that. But they still launch at startup.

Obs,
P.S. Life is good if this is my only problem using Linux eh :-)

Cuddles
05-24-2004, 04:52 PM
Only thing I can help with is the Volume Control, the other two issues, I don't, or haven't, run...

Add into this, I am running v3.3, so not sure if this will help on the newer version, but, I'll give it a try...

I know in v3.3, the Volume Control has an option to show the icon on the "tray" (windows jargon, I know). Since adding ALSA on my system, the volume control was useless, because you have to use "alsamixer" instead, and I found the "settings" for the volume control, either by right-clicking on the "tray" icon, or maybe it was inside Control Center (?) -=- I take it you also are getting the speaker icon in the "tray" as well (?) try r-clicking on it, and then close the window.

( I hate not having the newer version, this isn't the way I helped out in Win98 support... We tried to help by causing our systems to go through the same thing as the customer, and then walked them through how to resolve it. (and I can't do that, sorry) )

Hope this helps, though,
Ms. Cuddles

cintra
05-26-2004, 06:02 PM
Hi,

Obs,

Hei

Try Session manager in Control center - start with an empty session at login..

mvh

PROhan
05-26-2004, 09:01 PM
I think should work...

drag a new Link to Application in /home/YOURUSERNAME/.kde/Autostart

mzilikazi
05-26-2004, 09:21 PM
Hi,

Obs,

Close the apps, and save your session. Then change your configuraion to manual save so that it doesn't automatically save it.

obsoleto
05-29-2004, 01:48 AM
Hi,

Obs,

Hei

Try Session manager in Control center - start with an empty session at login..

mvh

Thanks all. This did the trick.

Obs