PDA

View Full Version : broadxent DSI v.92 pci modem (newbie questions...)

spamhippy
05-23-2004, 10:28 PM
hiya....
just downloaded knoppix. interested in giving linux a shot and figured this was the best way without having to tamper w/ my hardrive or install a bunch of stuff. works great, only problem.. won't connect to the internet. it just kinda sits there 'expecting ok' or something like that. went through all the help stuff... doesn't seem to be working. just to note.. i've got to modems installed. one is the old lucent (now agere) that came with the computer. it took a dump so i scraped some cash together and bought the braodxent. anyways... didn't fell like ripping out the old modem... so i just left both in. had the broadxent for awhile now- works fine on windows. old modem just sits there like it's busy and when it does connect- it goes super slow (on windows). on knoppix i can tell which is which because when i hit that old modem- it's busy like usual. other modem detects fine but just sits there 'expecting ok' and doesn't 'beep' lol. so either- does anyone have any tips on how to get my broadxent to connect OR is my problem maybe that the old modem is throwing it off? should i rip the old modem out or is there a special rain dance i have to do to get the broadxent working? (p.s. first time with linux. not a rocket scientist.)

spamhippy
05-24-2004, 08:41 PM
the model number is DI3631? um... thanks...