PDA

View Full Version : PROBLEMS INSTALLING LINUX SOFTWARE!?!?!?!

lee1212
05-25-2004, 05:16 PM
hi im running knoppix 3.3 on my laptop i installed it on one 5.55gb partion with a 200mb swap partion so it has enough room to install progrms. I tryed to install the program "Pengaol" to get on aol with linux but when its installing i get an error about a makefile or sumthin and a warning saying "You must take ./recompile" recompile is the file that installs the program then it just keeps on reapeating the one paragraph of text and if left could go on forever. you can find the program on google by searching for it dont go on the producers website when you find it on google but go to the one headlined "getting on aol with linux" and in the paragraph saying sumthin bout it. I tryed version 1.5 and 1.6. 1.6 doesnt get a makefile error but at the end when evrythin seemed to hav went fine it says a error check config.log or sumthin please help. It funny tho coz the last time installed knoppix 3.3 that program worked completely fine?
Cya n thanks please reply or email at leejohnston91@aol.com.

mzilikazi
05-25-2004, 05:31 PM
hi im running knoppix 3.3 on my laptop i installed it on one 5.55gb partion with a 200mb swap partion so it has enough room to install progrms. I tryed to install the program "Pengaol" to get on aol with linux but when its installing i get an error about a makefile or sumthin

If you expect a serious answer then you should post the actual error message(s).

you can find the program on google by searching for it dont go on the producers website when you find it on google but go to the one headlined "getting on aol with linux"

No no no, you need to post the link. That's common courtesy. And ya know....there's no need to shout in your subject line.