PDA

View Full Version : Oh My Goodness!!! It's Happening!!!

Hunkah
05-27-2004, 05:16 PM
I am by no means a "real" linux user. I have installed them a million times now, but I never really use them. But I read up on the news and how they work about two hours a day. I still find linux not very productive. But I am hoping to...

I said all that to say this.

I was working on my windows machine today. I found two files with the same content. I know that they were only a bit different because one was a little bigger than the other. So I decided to call one "Unit I" and the other "Unit i" until I found out which I wanted to keep. I was startled to see and hear the "windows foul" cry out! I thought that I was in my rights to do this since there were in a different case!

SOME ONE HELP ME!!!!! I AM TURNING INTO A L-USER!!!! :wink:

Just thought some of you might find this funny.

jgrace5
06-01-2004, 04:12 PM
The Linux penguin rules!

Cuddles
06-01-2004, 07:22 PM
Hunkah,

Hate to say it, but, Linux is like the Borg, everyone will be assimilated :!:

Just watch out, or you are going to start thinking in Linux CLI commands next, and those "Windows" apps you know and love, will begin to fade into oblivian... You will start to think in Linux commands, and run programs that are Linux specific, and when your friend asks you advice about there Windows programs, you'll be like: Oh, is that like XINE in Linux?

Good luck on your re-education, because it is a different world from the eyes of the PENGUIN :!:

[giggle]
Ms. Cuddles

A. Jorge Garcia
06-01-2004, 11:57 PM
We are the Borg, resistence in futile!

Luv,
Locutus

PS: Borg can't spell....

user unknown
06-02-2004, 04:01 AM
Did you compare the files with diff?

vader
06-08-2004, 06:34 AM
I always figured *nix to be the United Federation of Planets with Mr.Trovalds as an admiral and Microsoft being the Borg with Mr. Gates being the Borg Queen... Or possibly *nix being the Q Continuum (=