PDA

View Full Version : irssi, battery and screen resolution ;>

tjoff
05-27-2004, 06:13 PM
Hello

I have had some trouble installing software on knoppix (using the live-cd), applications such as irssi seems to compile just fine but I can't get it to run (and when trying to install Pearl support (optional) I get a read-only-filesystem warning (I have tried to install it in my home-folder)). Maybe it isnt that simple to install applications when using the live-cd? (I do not have access to the HDD)

Secondly, I run knoppix on my laptop and when I run on battery KDE restarts (showing an low battery warning for a second or so) eventhough the battery is fully charged. Supposedly KDE will restarts a couple of times before it works just fine according to a thread here on the forums, although the thread didnt come with any solution :(. Is there any simple way to turn this feature off? (according to the Control Center nothing is supposed to be done when the battery runs out)

Lastly Im stuck with the resolution 1024*768 (on my laptop) and if I tries to change it (using the icon on the bottom-right) to 1600*1024 (actually the recommended resolution for the monitor is 1680*1024 I believe) I get like 1600*1024 pixels although its just my original 1024*768 size on everything and the display is mirrored on the right since I now have more space than 768 pixels in width and in the bottom I see the knoppix wallpaper.
If it is of any help the graphic card is a Radeon Mobility 9200.

Any help is greatly appreciated :)

e2k
06-17-2004, 01:55 PM
I have had some trouble installing software on knoppix (using the live-cd), applications such as irssi seems to compile just fine but I can't get it to run (and when trying to install Pearl support (optional) I get a read-only-filesystem warning (I have tried to install it in my home-folder)). Maybe it isnt that simple to install applications when using the live-cd? (I do not have access to the HDD)
I couldn't get irssi to work either :?
Too bad because it's a great program..

tjoff
06-17-2004, 02:06 PM
I couldn't get irssi to work either :?
Too bad because it's a great program..

yeah :(

Although I found the solution for my resolution problem, the solution was to boot it with the command: knoppix screen=1680x1050 noddc