PDA

View Full Version : could not find kernel image: linux

aykuty
05-28-2004, 08:44 PM
hi...

i downloaded knoppix 3.4 . i want to resize knoppix for 184 mb cd. i am useing vmware to remastering. i am following step by step " Knoppix Remastering Howto" and finaly testing iso file with vmware again but allways give me a error like "could not find kernel image: linux" and i cant boot new iso file. what is wrong..please help me..

sory for bad english..
thanks.

jomamma
05-30-2004, 02:42 AM
The howto is great, and is accurate, AFAIK, except for when you're building the master directory; Where it says:

(For Knoppix 3.4), copy everything in /cdrom/ to /mnt/hda1/knx/master/KNOPPIX/ except the ~700 Mb KNOPPIX file. ( cd /cdrom;find . -size -10000k -type f -exec cp -p --parents {} /mnt/hda1/knx/master/KNOPPIX/ \; )

I got it to work by substituting this:

(For Knoppix 3.4), copy everything in /cdrom/ to /mnt/hda1/knx/master/KNOPPIX/ except the ~700 Mb KNOPPIX file. ( cd /cdrom;find . -size -10000k -type f -exec cp -p --parents {} /mnt/hda1/knx/master/ \; )

everything else seemed to work fine, and my remastered cd booted. Hope this helps.

aykuty
05-30-2004, 06:35 PM
thans..

i am trying but not booting..

aykuty
06-01-2004, 07:16 AM
hi..

i found a answer...
isolinux giving message : "could not find kernel image: linux"
because isolinux cant find right config file and image file and trying to open default image file "linux".

i am useing nonenglish keyboard and character set ( Turkish ).
my config and image files looking after making iso like this:
isoconfig.cfg -> ysoconfyg.cfg
initrd.gz -> ynytrd.gz
vmlinux -> vmlynux

i tryed with english charakter set and problem is solved. :)

thanks.....
Aykut