PDA

View Full Version : print/nrowse

yazdzik
06-01-2004, 12:35 AM
Dear Friends,
Since I am writing to you, I may assume that my wirless network works. However, for some reason, I cannot set up printing.

Printer is hp5550 attached to xppro box, via gateway. It functioned perfectly in libranet, similar type debian distro. No security settings have changed, yet the scan function undr anonymous ends with NT_STATUS_ACCESS_DENIED, under guest, no answer at all, just the name ofnetwork, no other pc, c, and under knoppix, no password,the same.
In libranet, one used the root/rootpassword at the backend confiigure page in the kde manager, but here nothing seems to work.

In LinNeighbourhood, I can see the other machine, and its shares, but cannot mount anything, with the error -
cannot resolce mount point.

These are probably related, but I cannot figure out permissions, or how to make this work. Printing to a network, particularly one with little security, ought not to be a problem, but I cannot see my error.

What happened to xsmbrowser, by the way/

Best,
Maritn

mzilikazi
06-02-2004, 07:36 PM
In LinNeighbourhood, I can see the other machine, and its shares, but cannot mount anything, with the error -
cannot resolce mount point.

You can't mount a printer. You need to set up samba and use the CUPS web interface to print to the network. I put no faith in anything KDE as it is always breaking. Just point your browser to localhost:631 and use a URI something like: smb://Compaq-inh906bt/LexmarkO