PDA

View Full Version : How to install Knoppix

wtfisunix
06-01-2004, 02:28 PM
This question has probably been asked a million times....But, I just need to know how I would go about installing Knoppix. I would really appreciate the help. I would also appreciate it if I did not get flamed for asking. Thank you for all of your time.

firebyrd10
06-01-2004, 06:03 PM
type this in konsol (black square with shell on it)

sudo knoppix-installer

then follow the instructions on the screen

You'll need atleast a 3 gig ext-2 and 500 meg swap

wtfisunix
06-02-2004, 01:16 PM
I know what a konsole is dude...I have been running Unix for quite a bit of time. I am sorry if this sounds like a flame...but, I am not a moron. Even though I am not a moron...I am blind I could have gone to the Docs section and RTFM!

Cuddles
06-02-2004, 02:26 PM
Wow...

This question has probably been asked a million times....But, I just need to know how I would go about installing Knoppix. I would really appreciate the help. I would also appreciate it if I did not get flamed for asking. Thank you for all of your time.

Went from that, to this...

I know what a konsole is dude...I have been running Unix for quite a bit of time. I am sorry if this sounds like a flame...but, I am not a moron. Even though I am not a moron...I am blind I could have gone to the Docs section and RTFM!

And yes, it does sound like a flame. Maybe your initial post shouldn't have said: "I would also appreciate it if I did not get flamed for asking.", but rather, "I would also appreciate that the person who responds to my question will be flamed, so be prepared!"

What, a little touchy on the fact the person explained a little on where to find the Konsole at? Sheesh, lighten up DUDE. Considering this kind of post is not only around the tenth post on the exact same issue, and that "others", HOPEFULLY, read these posts to gain the same information, instead of posting, yet anouther, question about the exact same thing.

Maybe, wtfisunix, you can consider that the "extra" information provided in the reply, may not have been for you, and for someone else, who might read this post, and not know what a Konsole is. Also, people, as volunteers, don't really appreciate being "flamed" themselves for providing YOU an answer, I sure don't...

Anyway, nice attituide there wtfisunix, and thanks firebyrd10, good information, BTW, is the knoppix-installer command the one for Beginner, or for the Debian, or does it have prompts during the installer to decide? (for my information, that is.)

Ms. Cuddles

wtfisunix
06-02-2004, 06:26 PM
I am sorry if I was being an ass. I did not mean to be. But I really appreciate the help, and I will keep all of that info in mind...I appreciate you getting me back in line. I realize that the post I made afterwards was out of line. But, uh thank you again..have a good day =)

linda
06-02-2004, 09:39 PM
I am one of those somebodies who did not post the question but is looking for the answer. :-) And yay, i actaully know what a konsole is too!
I thought you were supposed to type knx-hdinstall for some reason. I'm going to try to install the 2.6 kernel version.

knoppixNUb
06-05-2004, 07:48 AM
firebyrd10, Thanks for the complete and consise answer.... too bad there are people who will respond rudely to a complete answer.

n yes I am a nu b 2 knoppix...

baldyeti
06-05-2004, 12:06 PM
It seems with 3.4, the installer script is now called knx2hd (http://godot.studentenweb.org/debian/gmain.html).

Edit: alright I just checked and knx2hd (as well as k2hd) are just symlinks to knoppix-installer.