PDA

View Full Version : Did anyone have problems running create_compressed_fs?

vacode
06-02-2004, 06:00 AM
Hi,

I'm trying to create a Knoppix DVD but am having problems when I get to running create_compressed_fs. It runs until the process has allocated 3GB of memory and then dies. I'm wondering if anyone else ran into this problem. If not, how big was your source directory before running create_compressed_fs?

Thanks for the info,
Ryan

P.S. I posted a pretty similar topic in Customizing and Remastering, but haven't gotten a response. Sorry if it's a bit of a cross post.

nvgringo
06-02-2004, 01:23 PM
I had a problem creating the big KNOPPIX file. It just kinda quit before the file was created. I booted 3.4ct version and created the compressed file without any problem. But I am only at 1.7 gig so far.

lorddecker
01-26-2005, 10:25 PM
ISO filesize has 2GB limit. Anything larger won't boot AFAIK

Harry Kuhman
01-27-2005, 01:15 AM
I don't think so. I believe that the issue is that any file size within the ISO file (for a compliant ISO9660 ISO) is limited to 2 gigs, not the ISO itself. This means that 2 gig is the upper size limit for any file within such an ISO, the largest being the compressed clopp file. But the ISO can be larger, and could contain another large file or perhaps may smaller klik style cmg files.

lorddecker
01-27-2005, 03:16 PM
I don't think so. I believe that the issue is that any file size within the ISO file (for a compliant ISO9660 ISO) is limited to 2 gigs, not the ISO itself. This means that 2 gig is the upper size limit for any file within such an ISO, the largest being the compressed clopp file. But the ISO can be larger, and could contain another large file or perhaps may smaller klik style cmg files.

Yeah thats what i meant. I have a 4.3Gig ISO image but the actual filesystem (iso9660) contains a sub 2gig knoppix compressed image as well as several 2gig vmware images ;-P I should've worded my answer better ;-P

What i mean to say was filesystem not filesize
%s/filesize/filesystem/g :-D