PDA

View Full Version : P2P in Knoppix

Nephillim
06-08-2004, 10:13 AM
I am runing 3.4 version and have saved my desktop configuration on the hard drive. The machine is 2.6 pentium with 1 gb of ram.So i can store iso on ramdisk and burn it from there while runing from cd,thanks to the second cd rom .I also use Lime wire,while runing live cd.LimeWireLinux bin is located on a local hard drive and takes minute for install.I just extract it to the home directory and hitLimeWire icon to start it.The downloads are going so smooth 8) and i can swap the files to the hard drive to make aditional space ,if needed.For root access,i run Root Shell and type passwd. It prompts for new password,so i type it twice(Cheat codes).I was less fortunated while trying to install other packages.I can considere myself as newbie ,my first distro was Mandrake 10,but I rarely boot to it.Rather than that Im thinking of bying more ram

P.S. Dont chase me becouse of bad spelling,this is not my mother language :wink:

probono
06-11-2004, 11:14 AM
Yes, Knoppix seems to become popular for file sharing. There is also a native KDE Gnutella client called Apollon (which I prefer over LimeWire), and aMule. Both can be live-installed from http://klik.berlios.de

Nephillim
06-21-2004, 03:25 PM
Thanks so much for klik! Now I can convince more Windows users to try Knoppix ! May force be with you!

neulix
07-02-2004, 08:45 PM
Yes indeed, the live-installation using klik worked fine with koppix 3.4

As I'm just trying to do my very first steps with Linux/Koppix, the klik installation tool enables to extend the knoppix distribution in an easy way.

Meanwhile and unfortunately, the linked aMule source (http://gunnm.org/~soda/dists/unstable/main/binary-i386/amule_1.2.6+2.0.0rc3-2_i386.deb) seems not to be valid any more, and it would be a great idea to get that link updated.

Icewind
09-26-2004, 06:48 PM
Knoppix is great, especially when it is integrated with P2P sofwares :D
My question is:
Is there any live-installation for DC++ using klik ?

Thanks for your help.

probono
10-20-2004, 02:14 PM
Knoppix is great, especially when it is integrated with P2P sofwares :D
My question is:
Is there any live-installation for DC++ using klik ?

Thanks for your help.

klik://dcgui-qt is running fine using Kanotix, I didn't test it on Knoppix though.