PDA

View Full Version : can't acces partition

écraz
06-09-2004, 01:40 PM
'lo,
our computer has a scsi with a windows nt 4.0 system and an extra ide-drive. When erasing some 'unwanted' material, accidently wiped out some essential nt files. no longer reparable, nor rebootable with the usual stuff. Someone introduced the Knoppix(3.3)-cd. There seems to be one problem: I'm sure there should be one partition containig important information, but when clicking it I get:

wrong fs type, bad option, bad superblock on/dev/sda3 or too many mounted file systems.

Could anybody help me out here please, I'm not familiar with linux language, is there a possibility of fixing this in the knoppix window-like interface?
thanks in advance

knoppix33
06-09-2004, 02:17 PM
You get that error 'cause probably your NT 4.0 drive has an NT file system (NTFS) instead of FAT32. To be able to access that partition you must use Knoppix 3.4 and the captive-ntfs utility.

écraz
06-09-2004, 03:54 PM
well i`ve tried the captive.ntfs with 3.4 but this is what i get:

currently found drivers:

cdfs.sys not found, optional module
ext2fsd.sys ext2 Filesystem v0.10a by http:sys.xiloo.com
fastfat.sys not found, optional module
ntfs.sys NOT FOUND, essential module for NTFS disks access
ntoskrnl.exe NOT FOUND, essential module for NTFS disks access

program suggest downloading drivers from windows xp service pack
don`t understand, don`t really know what to do.
Also, i`d like to remark that the lost or inaccessible partition is not the one with the nt-information, it just has a lot of important pictures that cannot be lost.

thanks a lot iin advance

ez

écraz
06-10-2004, 11:03 AM
actually don't have a clue on how to get the nt back up using the knoppix, any possibility of installing new nt on another partition or copying from an nt-cd? pretty hopeless situation here, anybody got some crazy ideas?