PDA

View Full Version : About connecting USB flash & Knoppix

BuHHu-nyx
06-09-2004, 06:20 PM
Hello! I have a little problem, because of my /home directory. I would like it not to be temporary located in RAM, but to be phisycally situated on my USB Flash MP3 Player (128mb). Can you give me an advice how to? Thank you very much.

olivers
06-11-2004, 06:05 AM
I think there's a menu option called "Create Persistent Home Directory"

Have a look at the FAQ (http://www.knoppix.net/docs/index.php/PersistentHomeHowTo) which goes through the process.

BuHHu-nyx
06-11-2004, 09:35 AM
I did that but when i run this script in console it tells me this message:
Xdialog: error while loading shared libraries: /usr/lib/libgtk-1.2.so.0: cannot read file data: Input/output error
I use knoppix 3.4 (as i know the last version). Please, help!

j.drake
06-11-2004, 12:38 PM
I did that but when i run this script in console it tells me this message:

Why are you running a script in console? Just K->KNOPPIX->Configure->Create persistent home. Tell it you want your PH at /dev/sda1 (or wherever it is), reboot with the home=/dev/sda1 cheatcode, and it should be fine.

JD

BuHHu-nyx
06-11-2004, 02:22 PM
I run it in console because it doesn't work in "knoppix" menu. It just waits about 15 seconds and does nothing. And i think there is no difference beetween running it from menu or console.

j.drake
06-11-2004, 03:19 PM
I run it in console because it doesn't work in "knoppix" menu. It just waits about 15 seconds and does nothing.

Fifteen seconds may not be long enough. It may take some time - I have a fairly fast Athlon box, and it sometimes takes a while. Depending on your machine, you might want to wait at least a couple of minutes. Try it again and set your "tea timer" to Earl Grey - my bet is that it will be fine.

JD

BuHHu-nyx
06-12-2004, 04:57 AM
Try to understand: if I run it in menu it waits for about 15 seconds and crashes. To find out why it happens so, i ran this program in console and it printed this message:

Xdialog: error while loading shared libraries: /usr/lib/libgtk-1.2.so.0: cannot read file data: Input/output error
That's why it crashes, but why there is error: that is the question. I have Pentium 2.4Ghz, 512Ram - enough, i expect, to run Knoppix. Help, please!