PDA

View Full Version : install_mplayer.sh (installor for the famous known MPlayer)

fliot
06-11-2004, 10:34 AM
Dear Knoppix fans,

I know that MPlayer has a bad image because it's not license free compliant.
Any way, it's the same for a lot a thing that are use in default Debian distrib (see non-free packages).

On the same way, macromedia flash may be installed (install_flash.sh), I propose to do an install_mplayer.sh

It would be usefull, as Flash Macromedia users, for users having rights to use such materials.
(and maybe to add mozplugger to that....)

Does it sounds good, or useless ?

probono
06-11-2004, 10:56 AM
Hi,

there are scripts from Kano that do exactly that (www.kanotix.de) and also the klik store (http://klik.berlios.de/) has some media players. mplayer was there and will be back as soon as I get some difficulties resolved.

UPDATE: klik://kplayer works now

cu
probono

SunnyB
06-12-2004, 02:27 PM
Maybe fliot has a good idea.
Your suggestions or opinions don't work.
Your site doesn't have Mplayer and klik://mplayer doesn't work and you
have no idea when it will be available.
After searching through www.kanotix.de I wasn't able to find any script that
would install Mplayer without installing Kanotix first and that's a maybe
because I, like many others are not prepared to go through the switch to Kanotix.

Markus
06-12-2004, 05:27 PM
At least some of these scripts I've used with success on Knoppix. Moved to Kanotix since then though.
http://kanotix.com/files/

drews
06-16-2004, 11:51 AM
Does anybody have any idea what problems with mplayer have to be fixed before it will go back on the klik site? And how soon that might be? last I time I tried mplayer from klik, it was by far the best video player I'd used! Other klik players I've tried: I'm having trouble with kaffeine crashing on me (knoppix 3.3) and realplayer10 didnt have enough codecs installed

c123
06-16-2004, 02:32 PM
I did a HD install of Knoppix (3.3) and tried to install Mplayer via Kano's scripts... Didn't work (for me; perhaps I did it in the wrong order as their are three lots of thinsg to install). Then again Mplayer has a reputation of being difficult to install and pretty anti-newbie :(

I'd suggest trying VLC as well as Xine - check out http://videolan.org/vlc/download-debian.html

HTH

probono
06-16-2004, 02:37 PM
klik://kplayer works now - better than ever :) (I could only test on Knoppix 3.3 yet, so please post back your results.)

Now for the fist time with the ability to play Real streams, such as SWR3 rtsp://195.52.221.172/farm/*/encoder/swr3/livestream.rm
(you need the Win32 codecs for this which you can install automatically through klik)

redss
06-17-2004, 04:36 AM
I loaded kplayer thru klik (onto knoppix 3.3 live cd) but when attempting to run (typing "wrapper kplayer") it crashes and I see the following message: "relocation error: kplayer: undefined symbol: _ZN7QString6setNumExiet "

probono
06-17-2004, 08:21 AM
It seems like you need a newer version of the CD. I used the last available 3.3, but 3.4 should work too. Please let me know whether this fixes it.

redss
06-18-2004, 01:00 PM
I'd prefer to find a later build of knoppix 3.3 - does anybody know if a later version of 3.3 (like 11-14) is still posted anywhere for download? I don't know how to modify the cheatcodes in the 3.4 image before burning.

arkaine23
06-22-2004, 06:44 PM
Default cheatcodes for 3.4 versions can be modified by remastering (as in the guide). They are set in the file /mnt/hdx#/your/master/boot/isolinux/isolinux.cfg in a similar way that previous versions of knoppix used the file /mnt/hdx#/your/master/KNOPPIX/boot.img/syslinux.cfg (but you had to mount boot.img as a loop in order to get to the syslinux.cfg file)

drews
07-07-2004, 03:46 AM
the kplayer install from klik used to automatically install the win32 codecs... now it just directs you to the mplayer codec site, which does not tell me what directory to untar the codecs into... so where do I untar them to?

probono
07-07-2004, 05:16 PM
Please put the codecs into ~/kplayer/usr/lib/win32