PDA

View Full Version : Format crashes computer at knx2hd. How do I bypass?

transistorman57508
06-11-2004, 05:48 PM
Hi,
I tried the hard disk installation knx2hd on Knoppix 3.4 and the computer hangs up at the formatting of the ext3 file system. :( Is it possible to use another utility included on Knoppix to format?How do I skip the format in the installation process? :idea:
Frank

DimGR
06-12-2004, 03:08 AM
Hi,
I tried the hard disk installation knx2hd on Knoppix 3.4 and the computer hangs up at the formatting of the ext3 file system. :( Is it possible to use another utility included on Knoppix to format?How do I skip the format in the installation process? :idea:
Frank

you can download SystemRescue live cd ( 50 mb ) from www.distrowatch.com and at boot type run_qtparted and you will be able to format your hard drive. Then install knoppix on the partitions you just made:)

eco2geek
06-12-2004, 05:49 AM
How do I skip the format in the installation process?
Configure the installer, then quit (without doing anything more), and save your configuration when it asks. If you don't specify a filename/location to save your configuration, it'll default to /root/.knofig (note the leading dot). Then edit the .knofig section that looks like this:

# Determines if the HD should be formatted. (mkfs.*)
# Possible are: yes|no
# Default value is: yes
HD_FORMAT="yes"
Change the "yes" to "no" and save it. The next time you run the installer, reload your configuration file (although I think it will load it automagically if you've saved it as /root/.knofig).