PDA

View Full Version : Motorola SM56 winmodem solution

ALIEN509
06-12-2004, 05:04 AM
:arrow: Recently I was able to get my winmodem working in knoppix. 8) I've made a zip with the information and the necessary files to use the motorola sm56 modem on knoppix 3.3(livecd). If anyone is interested in hosting this file I would be willing to mail the zip to them. I tried uploading the zip to geocities and angelfire without any luck. It seems their servers aren't catching onto uploads very well lately. :roll: The zip is 581.7kb I think here in a bit I am going to post this sucess on the official winmodem sites. I like the layout of this site and the open forums alot better so here's where I posted first.

zimtec86
06-22-2004, 09:03 PM
Hi, I was interested to hosting/publish the file.
Besides, I want the file because I have a SM56 winmodem and knoppix live-cd.
You can send me the file to: zimtec(at)iespana(dot)es

Bastian Merlin
06-30-2004, 01:53 PM
Hi I am interested too.
Please mail me to bassime@eresmas.com
Thks
bassime

zimtec86
06-30-2004, 08:30 PM
Hi! here is the address of the zip file:

http://jordcb.eresmas.com/sm56linux/modem.zip

I have not been able to make work the modem yet, perhaps because I'm newbie and a little inexpert in gnu/linux. The modem is recognized but it's state is busy.

ALIEN509
07-01-2004, 01:15 AM
Zimtec tiene corregir sminst.sh para substituir TTYS"*" con el numero que correspondería con tú puerto de módem. En ventanas del micrsoft puedes encontrar el puerto de comunicaciones que el módem es en. Despues encontras el puerto de comunicaciones para su módem esta menos uno en linux.

ejemplo: el puerto de comunicaciones en ventanas del micrsoft es
"COM 3"

en linux habrás corregir sminst.sh cambiar TTYS"*" a TTYS2
-------------------------------------------------------------------------
*= uno numero delante de "TTYS" para uno del puertos.
Hay dos casos de TTYS"*" habràs cambiar en sminst.sh

My spanish isn't perfect but I hope this may help some. :wink: