PDA

View Full Version : knoppix hangs during pcmcia config

knopper1971
06-12-2004, 07:22 PM
I have orinoco gold card, an hp ze4400 series laptop, linksys wireless router. My hope is to use knoppix booted from the cd only to access the internet through wireless. The problem I'm having is that knoppix freezes up during the boot process when trying to load the pcmcia configuration for the orinoco card. However, I notice that on my friends sony vaio laptop there is no problems getting knoppix to work with the wireless internet and same orinoco card. Any ideas? I am not sure how to change the pcmcia configuration since I'm booting off of read-only cd-r media.

Nic MFP
09-29-2004, 10:54 PM
Hi. I am a novice with Linux, and so I have a lot of trouble... :(

Let's start from this one: i have the same problem; however, my PCMCIA card is a LAN card. It is a 3COM 3CXE589DC, and I am trying to use on a Toshiba Satellite 2520 CDS; when Knoppix (3.6) boots, the PCMCIA manager detects the card and then the system hangs.

The only way to boot is extracting the card from the slot; but, after the system has booted, re-inserting the card into the slot causes, again, the system to hang immediately.

Anyone can help me?

PoorMan
10-27-2004, 05:35 AM
Hi. I am a novice with Linux, and so I have a lot of trouble... :(

Let's start from this one: i have the same problem; however, my PCMCIA card is a LAN card. It is a 3COM 3CXE589DC, and I am trying to use on a Toshiba Satellite 2520 CDS; when Knoppix (3.6) boots, the PCMCIA manager detects the card and then the system hangs.

The only way to boot is extracting the card from the slot; but, after the system has booted, re-inserting the card into the slot causes, again, the system to hang immediately.

Anyone can help me?

My setup is doing the same thing. Dell 4000 Inspiron and Netgear 511t wireless card. Anyone have any suggestiions of a work around?

sokminer
10-27-2004, 07:12 PM
You guys should open a terminal window and see if any error messages occur when the cards are inserted. It'll help with diagnosing the problem