PDA

View Full Version : I need help adding xfce4 to Fabian's restartx script

nvgringo
06-14-2004, 01:49 PM
I removed xfce3 from one of my remasters and added xfce4. I thought that editing the script would be as easy as changing every instance of xfce to xfce4. I was wrong! xfce is not an option on the list. Also is there a limited number of WMs that can be included on the restartx script? If there is, is there a way to incease the number of possible window managers. xfce4 will restart on this particular remaster if I use the cheatcode at startup

mzilikazi
06-15-2004, 12:09 AM
Not sure what script you're referringto but I just rewrote 45xsession so that it only includes xfce4. Easy....

nvgringo
06-15-2004, 01:47 AM
If you go to the knoppix menu, choose utilities, there is an option to "Choose/Restart KNOPPIX Desktop" selecting this runs a script (/KNOPPIX/sbin/restartx)that allows you to restart x with a different WM without having to reboot. Since I am creating a dvd remaster I want to link as many Window Managers as I can to restart with this script. As written the script will allow you to restart x with xfce3 but after I updated to xfce4 I can not get it to work.

mzilikazi
06-15-2004, 02:05 AM
Ahhh now I see. Sorry but I haven't booted a Knoppix disc in ages. :) I do know however that to start xfce you do startxfce4 maybe that helps?