PDA

View Full Version : Im new to this and i need some questions answered

psycofirek
06-15-2004, 01:09 AM
OK, my parents just installed a program that limits my computer time. However, my dad thinks its impossible to bypass this but i think i can do it(the program is Enuff PC). If I boot from Knoppix (which ive never used before) would there be some way to diable startup programs. I read that people can get info off the comp and so forth. If someone tech-savvy wanted to even install the free trial of this program and tell me if its possible to bypass please do so (http://www.akrontech.com/)

I may have my idea of what this program is all mixed up but I need help, PLEASE! Help a kid out, or at least point me in the right direction. Thanks

j.drake
06-15-2004, 03:33 AM
Well, let's take a look at the system requirements:

System Requirements
Windows (XP, 2000, Me, 9x)
Any processor
Any size memory
Only 5 Mb of Hard Disk space

Hmm . . . . don't see that it even RUNS in linux.

And, from the FAQs:

Compatibility with different versions of Windows
ENUFF will work under Windows 95, Windows 98, Windows Me, Windows XP (Home and Pro) and Windows 2000. It only requires about 5 MB of HD space.

Knoppix is not a linux emulator - it is live linux. Windows isn't running. Nothing on your HD is running with live CD, so even if it could run
in linux, nothing is calling on it to run.

Interesting, but sounds pretty lame. What they really need to do is to put the controls at the firewall, at least if the internet is the concern.

So, let's say you're right and you can run it - do you honestly think your parents won't think something's up?

psycofirek
06-15-2004, 05:25 PM
Sorry, I think i got kindve confused with all the people saying they bypassed passwords and got financial info and stuff. Meh, I guess ill just give up, maybe I'll get lucky and theyll take it off