PDA

View Full Version : Mozilla Firefox Profiles.

Jerunk
06-20-2004, 04:08 AM
Hello, when I try to run mozilla firefox 0.9 it says my default profile is in use and I should create a new one so I can browse the web, although I could create a new one I'm curious if anyone knows why this problem occurs and how I can fix it? I used the command ps -A and browsed through the processes and couldn't fine firefox amongst them.

Thanks alot.

CatamountJack
06-20-2004, 07:36 AM
Not sure if it is the cause of the problem here, and I haven't installed 0.9 myself yet, but I just happened to be reading a review of FireFox 0.9 today - http://www.madpenguin.org/cms/html/47/1695.html - that mentioned a similar problem on Fedora Core 2. I think the problem was related to the default install having read-only permissions in non-root directories. Without knowing anything more and not having tried it yet, that's my best guess.

Jerunk
06-20-2004, 05:12 PM
Thanks alot, I'm sure I'll find my solution from this page since I was thinking of something similar, thanks again.

Jerunk
06-20-2004, 05:28 PM
Ok works for sure, there are only read permissions on the .mozilla folder and it's contents (it's a hidden folder) so I gave them the proper permissions and it works perfectly, thanks alot.

CatamountJack
06-21-2004, 04:48 AM
Well I don't get to contribute to this forum very much, but I'm glad I could help!