PDA

View Full Version : No DOS partition and Opened disk read-only ERROR messages :(

ghetto_blaster
06-22-2004, 11:11 AM
Hi,

I'm having problem with my KNOPPIX(newest ver 3.4) installation on the HDD.
I first tried to install on the windows me hard-disk and i got to live and started to install but it said at the beginning OPENED DISK READ-ONLY - YOU HAVE NO PERMISSION TO WRITE. Well i cleaned the whole hard-disk and now there is nuthing on the hard-disk, but now i get also No DOS Partition to create swap file error.

Then i tried to install to my second hard-disk(i put the cables in places and started the computer). Second hard-disk had red hat in it. I got again in knoppix live and started to install...the install was going just fine and i got to configure install and started it, but then it said alot of error messages. Next i formatted the whole hard-disk AGAIN, but it didn't help.

I have now tried to create partitions of linux and linux swap. I also have tried to add third partition with fat12/16/32 file system, but nuthing has helped. I have also tried to create dos partition with my dos boot disks, but it doesnt help.

So what am i doing wrong?

So now i have no file systems in my two hard-disks and none of those work. I have tried to run "sudo knoppix-installer", but it says always "OPENED DISK READ-ONLY - YOU HAVE NO PERMISSION TO WRITE".

I thought that i had permission to install to hard-disk if i clean the whole system and start from the clean system, but no i can't install:( .

My computer is PENTIUM 2 266MHZ AND IT HAS 64MB SDRAM.

ps. now i can't even get to graphical interface of the knoppix, so i need to use command line

pulsar
06-22-2004, 12:34 PM
http://www.knoppix.net/docs/index.php/FaqGeneral

ghetto_blaster
06-23-2004, 08:11 AM
Yea...i have checked that linked last week, but now i got knoppix up and running.
Thanks anyway.
You guys should add text to manual what kind of partition should users do. There is none of messages or manuals about what and how many partitions should user make with qparted.

DuckDodgers
06-23-2004, 10:49 AM
There is none of messages or manuals about what and how many partitions should user make with qparted.
Actually, there is. <u>Hd Install How To</u> (http://www.knoppix.net/docs/index.php/HdInstallHowTo). 8)

ghetto_blaster
06-28-2004, 06:10 AM
heh :). Maybe i should use my eyes. :P