PDA

View Full Version : problems with cloop.o

Beini
06-24-2004, 08:45 PM
i am new at linux knoppix!
my 3.4 knoppix didn't boot and an error occured with cloop.o!
i think it couldn't load the cloop.o file !

maybe anybody can help me?

Beini

Markus
06-24-2004, 09:43 PM
Cloop errors are often due to a bad burn.
Boot with the testcd cheatcode (http://www.knoppix.net/docs/index.php/CheatCodes) to see if it finds any faults.
You could also check the md5sum of the iso.

Beini
06-24-2004, 09:47 PM
i boot with testcd and it happened the same !
i boot on another pc and it worked fine, i think the prbolem is my computer!

Markus
06-24-2004, 09:49 PM
That was fast :D
Try some cheatcodes next, like nodma noscsi, you could start with failsafe just to see if it'll boot.

Beini
06-26-2004, 11:12 AM
the failsafe mode worked fine but almost without any kind of Hardware support. i think ishould try the other cheats

Beini
06-26-2004, 11:37 AM
ok, the dma mode worked fine, too! but when i run knoppix with dma mode i have the same problem as before:
my network card eth0 didn't work. i get my ip dynamicly from my dhcp server. so i am tried to config with automatic mode and nothing was found ! i don't no how to config ?

see you

pulsar
06-26-2004, 12:46 PM
Have you tried in a console "netcardconfig" as root?

Beini
06-26-2004, 04:22 PM
yeah i have tried, but without success! i run it on another computer and it worked fine. i think the problem is my pc.

Markus
06-26-2004, 07:35 PM
You could post the output of lspci -v and hope that someone with the same nic can tell if it works.
Hmm, you could also try /etc/init.d/networking restart
Does ifconfig -a return an IP?

Beini
06-27-2004, 06:51 PM
ifconfig -a returned a local ip (127.0.0.1=localhost) and some erros in global list but no global ip! i had restart my network with the command you have posted, but without any success.

i have run knoppix in failsafe mode and i could config my eth0 automatically without any errors. the mouse was the only thing i missed in this mode! i think the main problem is the hardware. one modul destroys an other!

Markus
06-27-2004, 08:13 PM
How about some more cheatcodes. Try pci=biosirq (could help if you get a irq conflict). Also you could unselect the PNP-OS in BIOS.
The output of at least the Ethernet Controller part of lspci -v could be helpful here, someone will probably know which module is needed, which you have to check with lsmod.
If the card is found and the module loaded you could try issuing ifup eth0 and running netcardconfig afterwards.