PDA

View Full Version : installing gnumeric

poweribo
06-28-2004, 03:50 AM
1) will gnumeric run on kde/knoppix? (sorry if this is a silly question)
"The Gnumeric spreadsheet is part of the GNOME desktop environment" - im just making sure :)

2) is it possible to install gnumeric using apt-get by letting it automatically install all the dependencies given the name of the package?
ive tried "apt-get install gnumeric" but of course it listed all the dependencies i need to install first.

im planning to install gnumeric because i found OO spreadsheet ugly and kludgy for my taste. cant even figure out how to make the fonts anti-aliased like how they render it in firefox 0.9. ive tried playing around the config/settings but to no avail. some menus/dialog properties doesnt behave "properly", like an epileptic catfish wriggling in the mud. and when i click a document to open it, theres always another blank spreedsheet window open, like some divine intervention of sorta, and decided to give me an extra window.

champagnemojo
06-28-2004, 03:58 AM
Yes, gnumeric will run in kde/knoppix. And you can indeed install it with apt-get. If you don't have the gnome libraries installed, it'll probably have to get quite a few dependencies, but it should then work just fine.