PDA

View Full Version : boot problem Knoppix 3.4 on Samsung P30

noisefloor
06-28-2004, 07:41 AM
Hi,

when I try to boot Knoppix 3.4., my laptop (Samsung P30) hangs up every time.
The boot option "failsafe" works, but ONLY with Kernel 2.4; knoppix26 failsafe hangs too.......... I already tried various "noXXX" boot options, but without any success.
The interesting point is that Knoppix 3.3 boots without problems (well, there's one error message after the Autoconfigure device process stating "moduel super-blocker-2 not found"), but this doesn't not stop the booting process and I don't see any negative influence on working with Knoppix 3.3.

Anybody any ideas?

Jochen

reknut
07-10-2004, 02:02 PM
Hi,
I have the same problem, but the curiosity is that it works sometimes if i try enough - whatever, i installed knoppix 3.3 and it works fine, but it doesn't support battery status display.
For this reason i compiled a patched kernel 2.4.26 today. I configured it to use acpi and apm to get running KLaptop. Then i rebooted and everythings went well (with running KLaptop). After the second reboot my samsung p30 hangs with this last message:

ACPI: IRQ9 SCI: Edge set to Level Trigger.

Thus i think it could have something to do with acpi, because in knoppix 3.4 the kernel is compiled with acpi support for laptops.

Daniel