PDA

View Full Version : Flash???

A. Jorge Garcia
06-28-2004, 03:49 PM
OK, I've never been able to get flash to work. What's the trick? BTW, I'm asking wrt liveCD boot and hdinstall boot.

TIA,
AJG

arkaine23
06-29-2004, 08:26 PM
For live, you'll need to try klik or live installer.

For HDD-install, you get the flashplayer installer for linux from macromedia's site. Run it and it will do the install. This does not always work. Last time I tried, konqueor was not an option, however you can install flash for mozilla and then in konqueror's config, tell it to search for and use mozilla plugins.

Browser plugin directories are in /usr/lib/mozilla/plugins for example for mozilla's plugin directory (at least I think that's where they are). And so once you have the plugin installed, you can create softlinks to it in other browser plugin directories, if tyhe browsers are similar (for instance konqueror, mozilla, and firebird can all use the same plugins).

rotwein
07-01-2004, 07:16 AM
:D :D my data: knoppix3.4(17-05-2004)poormaninstall(the fromhd cheatcode) install_flash_player_6_linux.tar.gz (easy to find) to be extracted to file:/home/knoppix/.mozilla/plugins (flashplayer.xpt and libflashplayer.so) - thats all.

A. Jorge Garcia
07-03-2004, 06:20 PM
Thanx arkaine! I got it working for mozilla. I hadn't even tried downloading the flash software from macromedia as I thought they only had windoze versions!

Thanx,
AJG

A. Jorge Garcia
07-03-2004, 06:21 PM
Thanx rotwein, but I use a rw file system now - no more poorman!

Thanx,
AJG