PDA

View Full Version : What the heck!!! SCO just jumped a whole dollar!!!

Hunkah
06-30-2004, 06:36 PM
I don't know if anyone has been keeping score, but SCO stocks have been declining every day for a long time.... Today the jumped up a whole dollar! Does anyone know why?

Bothersome
06-30-2004, 07:25 PM
Some call it the "Dead Cat Bounce"

:D

Kenneth

Hunkah
06-30-2004, 08:14 PM
Really? I have never heard that before. But it sound like it fits!

I don't usually hope death on people, but that company needs to be dead. Just to show you can't kill the good guy, or freedom.

Cuddles
07-01-2004, 06:14 PM
Hunkah,

I am affriad I have been out of the "stock" market for more than 3 years now, and before that, I worked at a stock transfer company, mostly "penny" stocks that we worked in, so, enlighten me...

I looked at NasDaq and all I could locate was a "re-insuring" company using the "tag" SCO, which the full name of the company, using the SCO tag, was SCOR...

What is the SCO, if this is not the correct researched company in question, NasDaq has shown the above mentioned company going for around $1.34 per share, and yesterday it jumped only about $.10 to $1.43 per share - I don't think this is the stock you were talking about...

Thanks for any information - I can be SOOOO clueless sometimes,
Ms. Cuddles

Stephen
07-02-2004, 08:06 AM
Hunkah,

I looked at NasDaq and all I could locate was a "re-insuring" company using the "tag" SCO, which the full name of the company, using the SCO tag, was SCOR...

What is the SCO, if this is not the correct researched company in question, NasDaq has shown the above mentioned company going for around $1.34 per share, and yesterday it jumped only about $.10 to $1.43 per share - I don't think this is the stock you were talking about...

Thanks for any information - I can be SOOOO clueless sometimes,
Ms. Cuddles

SCOX

Hunkah
07-03-2004, 02:50 AM
Yes it is SCOX (pronounced sucks!) Here is a link to yahoo's stock link.

http://finance.yahoo.com/q?s=SCOX&d=t

BTW it dropped again back down to what is was.

Cuddles
07-04-2004, 04:57 PM
Hmmmm, and I would take it, these guys are the BAD guys ???

In January 2003, The SCO Group established its SCOsource division to review and enforce its intellectual property surrounding the UNIX operating system

Especially if these "guys" found "code fragments" of what they feel are "there code" within any releases of "Open Sounce" -=- am I right ????

Ms. Cuddles

Hunkah
07-04-2004, 05:59 PM
There is a small but big war going on. It will determine if Linux will remain free. It is because a company that once created a version of Linux couldn't make money from Linux. It abandoned Linux and bought the UNIX source from Novell. Well now it is saying that there is UNIX code in Linux. But it can't find any! It is actually a HUGE war. It is a 5 Billion lawsuit involving IBM Novell SCO RedHat two other "users" of Linux and us!

http://www.wired.com/wired/archive/12.07/linux.html?tw=wn_tophead_11