PDA

View Full Version : Download Fails Not Enough Room in /tmp

dermont
07-01-2004, 03:44 AM
Whenever I download large ISO's using Mozilla the downlaod always fails at around 300Mb with a message such as - Not Enough Room to Save /tmp/filename.exe. I have roughly 300MB /ramdisk so the failure appears consistent with the amount of free ramdisk.

I have already created a permanent home directory of 5GB. How do I get around this?.

eco2geek
07-01-2004, 08:15 AM
Um...navigate in Mozilla's "Save As" dialog box to your home directory, and save your file there, rather than in /tmp? Or is that what you meant? :?

dermont
07-01-2004, 01:39 PM
Thanks I was stupidly saving my files in /ramdisk/home/knoppix. Saving to /home/knoppix resolved the problem.

dermont
07-01-2004, 03:51 PM
From mozilla Bugzilla Bug 69938 http://bugzilla.mozilla.org/show_bug.cgi?id=69938

'Downloads are stored in $TMPDIR|$TMP|$TEMP|/tmp first and then moved to the selected path only after the download finishes'

eco2geek
07-01-2004, 08:30 PM
Ah, now your question makes sense. Thanks.

Interesting bugzilla link. Down near the bottom, someone says that Mozilla now stops saving your download in $TEMP as soon as you choose a directory, if that's true.

You might consider using the "ftp" utility from the command line (actually, "ncftp" would be better, but it doesn't seem to be on the Live CD) to download large files like ISOs from ftp sites, instead of Mozilla.

CrashedAgain
07-02-2004, 07:03 AM
Would it help to have a swap file?