PDA

View Full Version : damnsmall, need help w/USB keyboards

John
03-12-2003, 11:26 PM
Hi everyone,
Anybody out there with a USB keyboard and some Knoppix expertise want to tackle what is missing from Damn Small that would get it to work with a USB keyboard?

If you have the time and energy to help, the latest iso is currently sitting at
ftp://ibiblio.org/pub/Linux/Incoming/
Please grab the damnsmall-0.3.1.iso.

thanks,
John

god
03-12-2003, 11:44 PM
damnsmall is missing a TON of things.. it is missing the wheelmouse support, the external USB hard drive support and the addional ATA controller support that the normal knoppix has... Which is why i am makeing a LittleK.iso with full hardware support, and as a building base for remasters.

John
03-13-2003, 03:19 AM
Well, yes, of course it is missing a lot of things Knoppix proper has.

Damn Small is not being built to be a base installation iso, but a mini-desktop -- they are quite different goals.

Obviously some things have to go to make room for desktop applications on 50MB of space.

Back to the USB issue please...

drewbradford
03-30-2003, 08:22 PM
I'd also like to take care of this. Specifically, I'd like to add USB mouse support too. It looks like the KNOPPIX bootup script automagically detects the USB mouse (in my case a Microsoft IntelliMouse), but the correct mouse device doesn't seem to carry over into the X session...

Unless someone else has any ideas, I'm going to write a little script that uses the automagically detected settings to start X with the correct screen resolution and color depth, as well as the correct keyboard and mouse drivers.