PDA

View Full Version : small problem with device icons

darka
07-03-2004, 04:40 PM
I'm a Linux newbie, but I successfully installed knoppix on my hdd and i'm very happy with it. 8)
However I have this small, but annoying problem. I changed my 2 cdrom mountpoints in /etc/fstab and I see them in Devices in Konqueror, they work perfectly. Device icons on the desktop icons didn't change though, the cdrom icons just link to the old and wrong mountpoints. I tried deleting them and disabling them in Control Center -> Desktop -> Behaviour -> Device Icons as I don't need them, but even when disabled, they still show up after reboot.
I did a forum search, but couldn't find anything that would work :( Hopefully someone can help me

fingers99
07-04-2004, 04:21 AM
Right click on the icon, select properties, click on the devices tab and insert the correct path.

darka
07-04-2004, 07:59 AM
Yes, I tried that before too, but the path gets reset after a reboot. I partially fixed the icons now, by creating links to the right mountpoints instead of the directories that the icons link to. Still, is there some way to disable the icons completely? :?

darka
07-04-2004, 10:03 AM
Sorry for double posting, but I fixed my problem.
I edited /etc/init.d/knoppix-hd-autoconfig and commented the 'update_desktop_hdicons' line here:

then
case "$SYSTEM_TYPE" in
debian)
system_mode_debian
;;
beginner)
system_mode_beginner
# update_desktop_hdicons
;;
esac
fi
then I deleted the old icons and created new ones for all my devices 8)