PDA

View Full Version : java broke in 3.4?

drews
07-09-2004, 04:30 AM
My wife likes to play the java games at popcap.com but they no longer come up in either konqueror or mozilla in knoppix 3.4. They did come up in 3.1 (and 3.3 too I think).

Some of the simpler java applets (for example text effect applets at javaboutique.com) DO work, so I wonder why these non-simple games don't work? Anybody else able to get the popcap.com java games to work in 3.4?

I'm on a P-266 (320 MB ram) and all java/javascript browser settings seem to be enabled but they're at the default settings I believe.

mzilikazi
07-09-2004, 05:43 AM
I don't know what browser you use nor if this is an hdd install or cdrom boot environment. On an hdd install of Linux you need to get the appropriate plugin. Mozilla Firefox prompts you and lets you do this automatically.

"Download the Java Run Time Environment (JRE) v1.3 Plug-in with Java 2 support, for your platform, either Windows or Linux. After the installation completes, restart the browser, then return to your original page."

drews
07-09-2004, 03:45 PM
I'm using the live CD with no HD. Interesting that with 3.4 I have to download a browser plugin now whereas I didn't have to with older knoppix. I've tried both mozilla and konqueror.

Where do I find this plugin and how big of a download is it?