PDA

View Full Version : knoppix 3.4 to SID

zlibre
07-12-2004, 06:15 PM
Is some official way to transform knoppix to debian sid?? is really that possible?? i have tray a lot of ways, but never work all 100%.

Is just change the sources.list , only comment the lines for the stable and testin, and keeping only the lines for unstable?? and remove all the others lines?? (i refer to the sources.list by default). And next apt-get update/upgrade & dist-upgrade.

IS SOME OFFICIAL WAY TO TRANSFORM KNOPPIX IN DEBIAN SID!!

I need help!!

PD: I have do keeping only the lines in the sources.list for unstable, and next doing apt-get update, apt-get upgrade and apt-get dist-upgrade, but ever some is wrong, i mind, ever some it is slow or a conflict, that's my problem!!

Sorry for my poor english!!
Thanks y gracias a todos!!

mzilikazi
07-12-2004, 08:45 PM
Theoretically you *should* be able to get SID from a Knoppix install but due to the mixture of packages (i.e. stable/testing/unstable) it is sonetimes difficult to get it to work as one would expect. Also those who DO isntall Knoppix to hdd seem to have no end of problems recompiling the kernel. I would suggest using Kanotix (http://kanotix.com/info/index.php) for an hdd install as it was designed for just this purpose (and it is already built from SID) No kernel problems, no apt-get upgrade problems. It just works. :)

BTW Knoppix was never meant to be installed to hdd.