PDA

View Full Version : Logitech Optical USB Wheelmouse

hailing
03-14-2003, 02:19 PM
Hey.... {FIRST POST!} Knoppix is the only distro that supports my video card/soundcard/monitor properly. (also only distro that i can get my DSL connection working) I love it! Only problem is that I have a Logitech Optical USB Wheelmouse. Sometimes, it is fully recognized, and everything is great, then other times on startup, it isn't recognized at all. I then have to play a hit and miss game to get the mouse working by repetedly powering up and powering down my pc. This the only distro I think I want on my hdd. Before I do that, I want to get this mouse issue resolved. Also, on a HDD install question, I plan on installing Knoppix on hdb. (winxp is on hda) hdb is 60 gigs, and 20 gigs of it is a FAT32 partition, so I can have a datashare between the two os's. I have 40 gigs of free space (not formatted) When I install Knoppx on the hdb, it will install in the free space, right? Thanks a lot!
Cheers!
/jonathan

Loper
03-14-2003, 03:41 PM
...I have a Logitech Optical USB Wheelmouse. Sometimes, it is fully recognized, and everything is great, then other times on startup, it isn't recognized at all.

From experience, the newer Logitech mouses are some of Knoppix's favorites, so there is probably an issue with how the USB is being recognized. Check your BIOS settings -- the ADVANCED menu usually has settings for Legacy or suchlike. Try toggling that.

What motherboard do you have? The chipset may have an influence on results. Let us know.

hailing
03-14-2003, 03:51 PM
Thanks. My mobo is Intel D845EPT2 (Intel 845E chipset).

hailing
03-14-2003, 06:08 PM
ok. i check the bios settings... legacy USB is enabled. should i disable it?

thanks.

/jonathan

hailing
03-15-2003, 06:52 PM
Disabling USB legacy support did the trick! Thank you so much!

god
03-15-2003, 11:23 PM
along the same lines... i am going to get a logitec MX700 wireless mouse from my parents for my birthday (the suprise goes away once you surpass the technical know how of yyer parents). Logitech claims that any standard mouse drivers in linux should support it... any one here able to back that up? i am going to be chaning from a logitec usb wheel mouse...

doctorfrog
04-03-2004, 10:05 AM
Out of the dozens of posts I've sifted through, your "disable usb legacy" tip finally enabled me to enjoy Knoppix. In fact, I'm using it now! Look, maw! I runnin' Linnix!