PDA

View Full Version : Simpleton needs some simple answers

ajunt_ornj
07-14-2004, 10:58 PM
Okay, I recently did an install of Knoppix 3.3 on my second hd. I have WinXP on the first and I now need to know the proper procedure to adjust the boot file for windows to include Knoppix.

Please make this as simple as possible. I have already scoured the internet and not found anything to work so far. I have tried all kind of things.

Here are some things to note, I did not create a startup disk (as I thought I already had one from a previous venture), and I did not install Grub or Lilo.

If someone can get me past this milestone and on to a working dual-boot, I'll be on my way to Windows free :)

Thanx,

ajunt_ornj

eco2geek
07-15-2004, 10:06 PM
Everyone has his/her favorite boot loader they will try to sell you on...mine is a version of GRUB for Windows from a unique Linux distro called Topologilinux (it runs Linux from within two large files that live on your NTFS partition).

This version of GRUB uses Windows' NT loader to dual-boot and is very easy to set up (and you don't have to download the entire Topologilinux distro to get it).

Post if you're interested in more.

ajunt_ornj
07-16-2004, 01:50 AM
Sure I'll go with that one. Let me know if you need more info on my setup and we'll go from there.

kelmo
07-16-2004, 02:53 AM
I too am interested in a good win32 native bootloader