PDA

View Full Version : Jumping Screen

lisper
07-15-2004, 12:23 PM
Hey - I'm wanting to try out knoppix - I downloaded it and put it on a disk... when I booted from it - the screen went all jumpy and fuzzy. Though it seemed fine while it was "loading" and what not. No error messages. Anyone have an idea of what the problem might be? I've been trying to figure it out. I did load it succesfully on someone elses computer - so it's not a problem with the CD etc. - Any help/suggestions appreciated.

j.drake
07-15-2004, 01:51 PM
Sounds like a video issue. Try a cheat code to boot into a more basic video mode, such as VGA. My suspicion is that you will ultimately find that you need to adjust the refresh rate setting to ~50-60 Hz to accommodate your monitor.

Go to the docs tab above, and scroll down to find a link to the cheat codes, or look at the document that loads with the CD, or go to Knopper.net, and find the listing of available cheat codes, and see if you can find anything that might help.

If none of that works, try posting detail about your computer, video card, monitor, and a listing of error codes.

jd

lisper
07-15-2004, 02:12 PM
Thanks very much for your help... I actually got it sorted out shortly after I posted (typical)... your first suggestion was the key. Everything works beautifully.
lisper