PDA

View Full Version : Setting default boot Cheat Codes

cld
07-15-2004, 01:07 PM
Hey:)

How can i set default boot options (like knoppix lang=pl etc) without typing it in boot prompt? is this possible for example in knoppix.sh ?
Thanks.

j.drake
07-15-2004, 01:45 PM
Hey:)

How can i set default boot options (like knoppix lang=pl etc) without typing it in boot prompt? is this possible for example in knoppix.sh ?
Thanks.

It can be done, but you need to give some details about your setup and experience/comfort level with making modifications. As for a precise how-to based on experience, I can't give you that. However, I can link you to a post that eco2geek was generous enough to write out for me, to allow booting from a USB drive, and he explained how to edit a file to do exactly what you want. http://www.knoppix.net/forum/viewtopic.php?p=53221#53221 I don't see any way that you can do this booting from the stock CD alone. You're going to have to boot from some other location (e.g., floppy, hd, USB, custom boot CD that you make, or you're going to have to remaster the Knoppix CD the way you like it). I can't see any other ways, but there are a lot of people here a lot smarter than me.

jd